Not only is the Test Prep Insight team focused on providing high-quality, unbiased content about exams such as the MCAT, LSAT and GMAT, as well as language learning apps, we’re also committed to giving students with disabilities a better chance to achieve their professional goals. Our annual scholarship program allows us to level the financial playing field so that students with disabilities can earn the degree of their dreams. We want this group of students to be able to focus on academics rather than external financial circumstances.
Applicants must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a 2-4 year university, community college or graduate school program located in the United States.
Candidates must have a medically recognized physical or mental disability.
The minimum GPA required for application is 2.5, indicating that all candidates are in good academic standing.
How to Apply
To apply, please write a short essay (no longer than 1,000 words) or create a short video (no longer than five minutes) that addresses the following questions:
- How has your disability made academic achievement difficult? How have you managed to overcome that difficulty to achieve academic success?
- What is your ultimate goal or dream job? What are the steps you are taking to achieve your goals?
- How do you plan to give back to the community and/or help future students achieve their academic goals?
Try to include as many personal anecdotes and examples as possible so the Scholarship Committee can get to know you on a personal level.
Application Deadline and Submission
To be eligible, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full name
- Current mailing address
- Phone number
- Description of your disability
- The name of your current college or the college you plan to attend
- Your essay or a link to your video
- Attach a copy of your latest transcript (high school or college) so the Scholarship Committee can verify GPA
- Scholarship candidates must submit a complete application via email by no later than June 30th
Selection Process and Notification
The Test Prep Insight Scholarship Committee will review each application and notify the winning student of their award by phone no later than July 15th. Upon notice of winning the scholarship, the winner will need to supply current proof of enrollment or a letter of acceptance to receive their scholarship check, as well as a disability documentation verification. In the event the winner does not respond within 96 hours of the initial contact attempt, a new winner will be chosen.
One-time award of $1,500
2022 Scholarship Recipient
Test Prep Insight is proud to announce Chelsea Ingold as the winner of our 2022 scholarship! Chelsea is a freshman at the University of Minnesota and is studying environmental science. We greatly enjoyed reading Chelsea’s scholarship application and getting to know her. Best of luck, Chelsea!
When will the scholarship funds be available?
The funds will be mailed within 30 days of providing current proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance, as well as disability documentation verification.
Is Test Prep Insight scholarship renewable?
No, the Test Prep Insight scholarship is a one-time award. However, new scholarships are awarded each year and winners may re-apply.
Can I mail in a paper application?
No, we do not accept any paper applications. To be considered, you must use electronic submission outlined above.
Further questions? Please direct all questions to email@example.com
Scholarship Terms & Conditions
In applying for Test Prep Insight Scholarship (“Scholarship Award”), I represent, understand and agree to comply with the following conditions:
- I am a citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States, and am 18 years or older.
- If receiving the Scholarship Award, I will use any awarded funds toward my tuition or book costs for the field of study for which the Scholarship Award was approved.
- I am not on academic disciplinary status.
- I have a medically recognized mental or physical disability.
- I understand that my Scholarship Award application materials (“Application Materials”) consist of video, content, creatives, and other materials (“Content”).
- I represent and warrant that the application materials and content do not contain or rely upon any trade secret or other nonpublic technical or business information of any kind of a third party.
- I represent and warrant that the application materials and content do not infringe on another party’s intellectual property rights.
- I agree to submit my application in English and no other language, including Spanish, French, German, or Italian.
- I agree to allow and hereby permit Test Prep Insight to use my Content for the winner announcement article on the Test Prep Insight website.
- I understand that Test Prep Insight may choose to not award or to withdraw the Scholarship Award for any reason.
- I am not an employee of Test Prep Insight; an immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of an employee of Test Prep Insight; or living in the same household, whether or not related, of an employee of Test Prep Insight.
- If selected as a winner I agree to comply with the IRS to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the Scholarship Award.
- The terms and conditions of this Scholarship Award Agreement will be governed by the laws of the state of Nevada.